Lead Time Reduction: Oil & Gas Well Pad Development
Our client, an upstream Oil & Gas producer, wanted to reduce overall project time to increase total project economics. A Kaizen team was brought in to work with discipline leads to map the process, identify and eliminate waste.
The client had a multi-disciplinary approach that carried excessive waste in schedule from task to task as different departments were engaged. It was difficult for client team members to gain an unbiased high-level view of the total process due to the complexity involved.
- Kaizen’s experienced team led a project mapping exercise in order to define the current state, identify waste and determine the ideal future state of the development process going forward.
- Engagement of client’s executive, leaders, employees used extensively.
- Time sensitive decisions made using lean Obeya principles.
- Lead time of development reduced from by more than 50%
- Significant financial savings realized from:
- Employee time savings
- Sourcing savings
- Increased NPV due to capital savings and timeline reduction
See more on Construction
Find out more about transformation in this sector
See more on Project Management as a Service
Find out more about our services