Benchmark & Case Studies
Reduction of Energy Consumption in the Process Industry
• High energy costs: 12% of industrial costs.
• Electricity costs increasing year on year.
• Lack of knowledge of the weight of different equipment in the overall consumption.
• Unused equipment not switched off.
• Low factory power factor (0.85).
• Ishikawa analysis of electricity over-consumption.
• Process for disposal of unused equipment.
• Standardisation of start-up after shutdown, with optimum sequence to minimise power peaks.
• Installation of measuring devices on critical equipment. Consumption data analysis by equipment with launching of countermeasures.
This project generated savings of £211k/year.
Electricity Costs reduced by 17%.
Power Factor Correction
Power Factor Correction improved by 14%.
See more on Process Manufacturing
Find out more about transformation in this sector
See more on Sustainability
Find out more about improving this business area