Benchmark & Case Study
Lead Time Reduction in Product Development
- Most projects completed with delays
- High development costs
- Rework at advanced stages of development due to design problems
- High complexity and redundancy of the legal documentation process
- Communication failures between system teams (define the solution) and software (implement the solution)
- Tests carried out at an advanced stage of development, not allowing agile correction of bugs found
- Parallel design/preparation phases, allowing co-engineering sessions: a multidisciplinary team that defines and implements the solution
- Go/No Go criteria ensure alignment between different project phases
- Synchronization of all the teams involved, to ensure the follow-up of the process, with defined pacing
- Daily follow-up of problems detected during testing and correction (continuous integration)
Development Effort (Man.Days)
Development efforts reduced by 22%.
Project Lead Time
Project lead time reduced by 50%.
Time Spent on Documentation
Time spent on documentation reduced by 29%.
See more on Assembly Manufacturing
Find out more about transformation in this sector
See more on Research & Development
Find out more about improving this business area