Benchmarks & Client Cases
Efficiency in Polymer Production
Production generated waste
• Lack of awareness of energy and sub-product waste
• A lot of waste generated by production department
• Recurrent equipment stops due to breakdowns, causing peak energy consumptions and scrap
• Variable chemical consumption between references
• Unknown causes of the main energy losses
• Each breakdown is treated as an individual event with no use of previous event data
• Product formula prepared based on operator experience and perception
Visual representation of critical equipment losses
• Visual representation of critical equipment losses
• Creation of a control chart with real-time data for process monitoring
• Improvement to processability of generated waste through equipment adaptation
• Redesign of energy circuits to eliminate redundancy
• Reengineering of product formulas to guarantee as little waste generated as possible and efficient use of raw materials
The project generated Annual Savings of £2.48 million.
Energy consumption reduced by 6%.
Waste production reduced by 14%.
#process manufacturing #sustainability
See more on Process Manufacturing
Find out more about transformation in this sector
See more on Sustainability
Find out more about improving this business area