Benchmarks & Client Cases
Daily Management in Food Retail
• Disorganised material storage in instore warehouse
• Excess material stock in instore warehouse
• High inventory shrinkage rate
• Low productivity in replenishment and warehouse activities
• Lack of visual management for material flow within instore warehouse
• Lack of standard work
• Weak culture of continuous improvement and lack of routines
• Daily Meetings for work planning, KPI analysis and implementation of improvement actions
• Workplace organisation based on visual management principles to improve productivity
• Task Standardisation and Training to eliminate variability in task completion between team members
• Team Development Programme to roll out implementation to all department stores
The project had a payback period of less than 3 months with annual Savings of £4.5 million.
Productivity in logistics operations increased by 8%
Inventory shrinkage rate reduced by 4%.
Stock level reduced by 5%.
See more on Retail
Find out more about transformation in this sector
See more on Culture & Organisation
Find out more about improving this business area